Pages

2006/09/20

Morning and Evening light

--The driver of a small car tells Gallup police officers about the accident that ended up with the car resting on its roof Wednesday morning along Sanostee Drive in Gallup. The driver, who was the only person in the vehicle, was not injured.--

I am not a big fan of car wreck photos. Ho-hum. Happen all the time around here. I still get sent to them though, and our editor likes to use them. This morning I went to this one only a few blocks from my home. A nothing event, but I was loving the color and direction of the light, so I shot it with a wide angle to show that rather than the tight shot. I do have one question about the wreck though - how did he manage to roll his car over like that in an area that was supposed to have a speed limit of 35 MPH.


The evening assignment I had was a soccer game in Grants. It was difficult to make a decent action shot as the local team lost 11-0. They rarely got across the mid-field line,leaving me to shoot almost nothing but defense and goalie stuff.
Post a Comment