Pages

2006/09/03

My first blog

First, an introduction -- I am the senior photographer for The Gallup Independent, in the small city of Gallup, New Mexico, USA. The paper is a 16k (roughly) six-day per week newspaper that covers Gallup, Grants and a large portion of the Navajo Nation reservation including Window Rock, Shiprock, Tohatchi, Chinle, Ganado, Thoreau, Crownpoint and many other places. Our coverage area ranges from Tuba City, Ariz (near the Grand Canyon) to the edge of Albuquerque, New Mexico, and north to Farmington and Shiprock, NM. Some people say that our readership area is larger than the entire state of West Virginia.

For nearly ten years now I have been working at this newspaper that was uspposed to be my temporary stop on th way up the career ladder. Different events in my life have kept me here - such as my wife attending graduate school in nearby Flagstaff, and our getting custody of my daughter (which had us stay here to give her some stability in her schooling and social life).

Some of my work is on display at our website for the newspaper at: http://www.gallupindependent.com This is not a complete publication of our newspaper, and does not include any of our sports images, but it can give you a look at some of the work we are producing here.

For my sports images I sometimes share them at Sportsshooter.com , one of my favorite web sites to visit and keep up to date on things happening in the photography industry.
Post a Comment