Pages

2006/09/22

Taking Flight

Rain. I already complained about Friday night football and the lack of light. Add to that tonight's rains and well, the results from the game were not anything special to share.

On the other hand, I had a generic assignment to "shoot something for the airport". The reporter has not yet told the editor whether the story is about the airport itself, the possibility of a new airline providing commuter flights here, or the upcoming air show. So I went out and had a bit of fun with this thing. In front of the airport is a retired fighter jet that I thought about doing some time exposures and light painting with, but once I looked at the way it was positioned I found there were too many surrounding light sources getting into the image. Instead I used a slow shutter speed and moved the camera during the exposure to create a feeling of movement.
Post a Comment