Pages

2006/10/07

Friday Night Football


The Gallup Bengals lost tonight - but they were playing the 5th ranked team in the state, and they went to the locker room tied 6-6 at the half. I don't know if it was because they were playing good football, or I was just in the right frame of mind, but I came away with a half dozen images from tonight's game. Some nights I would be lucky to get two.
The rain that rolled through and caused problems for the air show today broke about an hour before game time, and I had decent weather for working.
This first image is almost full frame - just cropped off some empty space on the right side of the image. I was using my D200 and a 300mm f/2.8 lens. The other image of the tackle was done with the Nikon D2H and a 70-200 f/2.8 VR lens. I shot everything in RAW/NEF format, and the extra control for shadows and highlights helps give me an option to minimize the bright spots from the flash and bring out detail in the shadow/black uniforms.
Yes, I still want to have day time football games, but if I could have more games like this one then I wouldn't mind the Friday Night (lack of) Lights.
Post a Comment