Pages

2006/12/05

Colorful Dusk

This image is my trying to salvage a bad image situation.

My intent for the evening was to get an image of the sunset and moon rise together over the Pyramid rock near Church Rock. Unfortunately I miscalculated the moon rise time (need to figure out the charts and how to use them in the future) and also where the moon would rise. The sun was set farther than I wanted when the moon finally came up, so there was no light on the foreground. To make things worse, the moon rose quite a bit farther North than I expected, and I ended up not having it rise above the peak of Pyramid rock.

When I turned around to pack up and return to my car I saw the colors and the receding telephone lines, and made a couple of images of it. I certainly did not come away from this self-assignment with the image I was planning on.
Post a Comment