Pages

2006/11/24

Red Rider

I don't think that he's a city employee, and I doubt that his gear is standard issue for the fire department, but this guy hitched a ride on the back of one of their trucks to make an entrance at the shopping mall.

I am not a fan of Wal-Mart at all, and our publisher does not want us covering anything there, but I really wanted to go after hearing that their corporate offices had declared their stores off-limits to all media for this biggest shopping day of the year. Let's embrace the American way of life, and all be one big team and family at Wal-Mart, but only when it suits us. Hmm. I guess they are just following the lead that our current political leaders have set - making photography and reporting of the actual events a restricted activity. The land of the free? Only if you are choosing to conform.

In any event I decided that I really didn't want to deal with the crowds and the hassles, especially when the management had been very inviting to my request for permission to cover their event.

Post a Comment