Pages

2007/04/18

Kick out the Jams

Feature hunting today - hit the streets and see what can be found going on. Not necessarily a bad thing, just a little tiring when it has to be done as much as the photo department here has to. So I dug out a community calendar and saw that the University of New Mexico-Gallup branch was having a welcome day celebration for high school seniors. A lot of booths and crowded spaces with not a lot of visual activity were the core of the event. When I got to the back end of Gurley Hall I saw a stage area and a sound board. I was fifteen minutes early for the start of the music competition. The light was awful (always is in the main area of the hall) so I was able to play around with dragging the shutter on the camera and trying to capture a bit of the motion and energy of the performances.




Post a Comment