Pages

2007/04/09

Spring Fever


Home from vacation and I was amazed at how much spring has set in around Gallup in the 10 days I was gone. Not having any assignments from the reporters I headed out in search of the natural essence of spring.... ahem.

These first four images are all of the blossoms on a fruitless Pear Tree. The blossoms are smaller than a dime, and required the use of my 60mm Micro lens to get details up close, with the exception of the second image which was a wide shot using the Tokina 12-24mm.

I had fun looking at how the light was changing from different angles, and how the clouds drifting around could change the feel of an image in only a few moments.


To round out the package of spring and renewal I spotted some prairie dogs on my way back to the office, and spent about an hour chasing down one that would let me get close enough to photograph it.

I had a lot of images of just the tops of heads sticking out from their burrows, but only one of them was brave enough to pose for me.


Post a Comment