Pages

2007/08/22

Computer Education

I got assigned to do a portrait of one of the instructors at the local branch of the University of New Mexico. When the assignment came in I was told simply to "get a picture of her teaching." The reporter had not even made contact for conducting the interview, so between not having information of the focus, and having to try to work quickly to minimize my disruption to the class I was very limited in what I was able to shoot. Certainly I could have made a better image if I had worked harder to do so, but without having an idea of why I was making the image I didn't want to create something that didn't fit with the focus of the story. Instead I opted to go with a straightforward image that illustrated the interaction with the students.

Elvira Stahn teaching class at the UNM-Gallup campus.
Post a Comment