Pages

2007/09/13

Smash and Grab - and Video

When I got the call from our cops reporter that a convenience store had been vandalized overnight I thought to myself, "No people, its over. I am likely going to have some pretty boring images." Of course I went there and found multiple shattered windows to photograph. When I went inside to speak to the manager she and I talked for a few minutes before she mentioned that the one vandal's face was very clearly visible on the security video, even though she did not know who he was. Suddenly I knew I would be able to make crime in progress photos; after a fashion.

I asked if I could see the video, and she readily agreed. Then I set my camera to a slow enough sutter speed to not have the obnoxious flicker/scan lines from the monitor show up on my images and started taking photos of the video screen. Although not the best image in the world, it should certainly give readers a solid idea of who was involved in this crime.

Employees and customers of the 7 to 11 convenience store on Maloney Avenue were greeted by shattered windows Thursday morning after the store was robbed around 3 am by a pair of unknown men who threw large chunks of concrete through the windows and stole lottery tickets and cigarettes.

In this photograph taken from the store video surveillance system, a man is seen looking through the front window of the 7 to 11 convenience store on Maloney Avenue moments before breaking windows and entering the store. The store was robbed around 3 am Thursday by a pair of unknown men who threw large chunks of concrete through the windows and stole lottery tickets and cigarettes. This was the third break-in at the store in less than one month.
Post a Comment