Pages

2009/05/06

ASNE Reynolds Institute in Arizona

My departure from journalism has proven to be only a sabbatical.  After a year of teaching English my school's principal has asked me to create a journalism program for the school starting this fall.  Despite working in a newsroom for a dozen years, the fact is that there are a lot of things I do not know about how other aspects of a newspaper work - especially a student newspaper.

Shortly after I was presented with the opportunity to start a school newspaper, take over as the yearbook advisor and teach a broadcasting/multi-media class I received an invitation from the ASNE (American Society of News Editors) to apply for one of the spots in their Reynolds Institute.  Over 600 people applied to the program and 35 were accepted. I was one of the candidates that was selected.

So, to find out the details about the program (at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism in Arizona) you can visit our blog:  Reynolds Institute
Post a Comment