Pages

2009/08/21

Desperately needing some kindness!


It is always interesting how in life things don't work out as nice and neat as planned. My courses, which were originally intended to be mostly newspaper writing, have changed into only one newspaper class and one yearbook class (34 students) and four more digital darkroom classes. That puts me at more than 150 students and only three little point and shoot digital cameras to let the students use. Now, the cameras (Nikon Coolpix 3200 models) are plenty in terms of resolution and will be sufficient for basic skills with shooting and then editing - but I need MORE. I simply cannot rotate three cameras to 150 students to do assignments with.

If you have ANY type of working digital camera - even something as small as one of these 3-megapixel units - and could see your way clear to donate them to the yearbook and journalism program at my high school I and my students would be immensely indebted to you.

Contact me through this blog - or you can send the camera(s) to the school at:
Miyamura High School
680 S. Boardman Avenue
Journalism department - Room B29
Gallup, NM 87301
Attn: Jeff Jones

Again, I cannot tell you how much you would be helping my program through your donation...




Post a Comment