Pages

2009/08/09

My Review of Sigma 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DG Macro Auto Focus Wide Angle Telephoto Macro Zoom Lens for Nikon AF-D.

Adorama

Sigma 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DG Macro Auto Focus Wide Angle Telephoto Macro Zoom Lens for Nikon AF-D.


Lightweight and overall okay

jjpixels Gallup, NM 8/9/2009

 

4 5

Pros: Macro, Zoom Range, Easily Interchangeable, Lightweight

Cons: Lens Creep

Best Uses: Wildlife, Macro, General Use

Describe Yourself: Professional

I bought this lens for a throw in the bag and go alternative to my Nikkor f/2.8 lenses. It has a good range, acceptable focus and I love the macro focus of this. It is very compact and lightweight. The downside is that at 300mm the lens is f/6.3 - making it dark to see and the lightness of the lens make stability a bit of a problem at 300mm. I suggest a mono-pod when at the long focal lengths.

()

Post a Comment