Pages

2009/09/30

Light: Ambient and flash mixed

I often struggle to explain the relationship between flash, shutter speed, aperture and ambient light. Especially with 14-year old students who know nothing of cameras except what is inside their cell phone. SO this evening I was browsing the web for a few minutes before getting back to work on my studies for grad school and I came across a blog that shows it very plainly.

The blog and web site are very nicely done - but be aware that some of the galleries include nudity - and he has a good mastery of light. The photographer is Ciaran Whyte. I recommend checking out the following pages:


and an even more comprehensive explanation of light and exposure is here.

He is also a Strobist Fan, so when you are done looking at his stuff, head on over to visit David Hobby's site for even more tips on lighting photos for cheap.
Post a Comment