Pages

2010/01/22

Washed out week


Not a lot of teaching going on this week. We started with the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday.

Tuesday we had parent conferences (moved up from when they were originally scheduled).

Wednesday we had some snow and had a two hour delay. I had classes with my 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th period students.

Then Thursday we had a snow day (when I got out of bed to go to work there was not even a delayed start, and when I finished my shower school was cancelled.

That brings us to today. We had rain most of the evening, and before the 10 pm news last night they announced cancellations for today. By midnight the rain had changed to snow, and this morning awoke to nearly six inches of snow.

I wandered out into the front yard today and took a few frames, but the purist in me thinks that snow and nature photos don't look right with houses, cars and power lines, so I didn't put a lot of effort into them.

I think that this is the largest accumulation of snow I have seen in one storm since moving here to Gallup.

This afternoon the sun came out, but now clouds are rolling back in and another storm cell is supposed to hit us tonight.
Post a Comment