Pages

2012/02/21

Girls basketball - Chinle vs. Thatcher


Chinle Lady Wildcat Rachel Martin pulls the ball away from Thatcher Lady Eagle Shiann White during Saturday's Arizona high school division III basketball tournament at the NAU Walkup Skydome in Flagstaff, Ariz.  Chinle defeated Thatcher 50-41.

 

Four basketball games in a single day can make for a long day, but I had a lot of fun being back in the mix.  I also simply loved shooting with the Nikon D7000 and having the option to shoot at 500/sec without flash.  Being able to push the camera to ISO 2500 and still have publishable images is a new thing for me.  

During the tournament I also used my old Nikon D200, and though I was able to get a few images from it, they took a lot more work in Photoshop and still are not quite as nice.

In all I submitted 17 images to The Gallup Independent from this assignment, and they published two.  Here are the images that I shot. 

Chinle Lady Wildcat Macy Clauschee (3) passes the ball to a teammate Saturday while Thatcher Lady Eagle Britny Beals (10) tries to stop her Saturday at the NAU Walkup Skydome in Flagstaff, Ariz.

Chinle Lady Wildcat Rachel Martin (24) shoots a basket Saturday while Thatcher Lady Eagle Shiann White (24) tries to block her Saturday at the NAU Walkup Skydome in Flagstaff, Ariz.

Chinle Lady Wildcat Rachel Martin (24) dribbles past Thatcher Lady Eagle Shiann White (24) and Kelsey Smith (22)

Post a Comment