Pages

2015/12/30

Photography of Plane Wreckage in Nevada

plane wreckage movie
I vaguely remember seeing the movie 3000 Miles to Graceland quite some time ago. It was not a movie that stuck out in my mind as anything memorable, even though I do enjoy both Kurt Russell and Kevin Costner in films.  I say this because I did not set out to go and find a scene from the movie.  In fact I just recently learned about the ghost town/old mining town in Nelson, Nevada from a couple of courses I watched on KelbyOne training.

airplane wreckage from movie
As I began to wander around the property at Nelson I came across the crash site. The sun was already low in the sky (because of the mountain range the lighting got to be tricky) but I managed to get a couple of pictures. Both images were shot with my iPhone 6s.

The scene from the movie is not an actual plane crash, but rather an explosion at a gas station. You can watch it here on YouTube.



Jeff Jones is a freelance photographer based in Gallup, New Mexico, and available for weddings, portraits and sports event throughout New Mexico, Northeastern Arizona and beyond.




Post a Comment